Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Black Box revealed


Okay, so the cat can be let out of the bag now. And no, despite Lee's kind suggestion it's not where I stuff the kittens I kill. I sell them to the chinese shop around the corner.


No, this Black Box is a multi-media e-anthology from the team at Brimstone Press featuring horror fiction, artwork, graphic comics and music. Released on two CDS it features more than 100 flash fiction tales from about 80 authors including Lee Battersby, Will Elliot, Stephen Dedman, Rob Hood and Richard Harland. It also has one from me entitled Scarecrow and one from a good pal of mine Christopher Elston.


The second disc includes music and film clips from Australian and New Zealand bands such as Frankenbok, Pathogen and The Eternal.


For more details, or to order a copy go to the Brimstone Press website. I think it goes for about $12.95 with all funds going to help the Australian Horror Writers Association. Copies should also be on sale at this weekend's Swancon in Perth.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Parish said...

Should have guessed that's what that was. :)

Congrats! I tried that one, but still have a hard time with flash (especially horror flash).

12:43 am  
Blogger Cameron Trost said...

Hi, Mark!

Fellow Black Box contributor here... I can't wait to see the 'box myself! I came across two of your tales online, 'Breakdown' and 'Gary Dwyer's Special Dance' and I loved both of them. I added a link to your blog on my own - trostlibrary.blogspot.com

All the best,
Trost

9:16 am  
Blogger Mark Smith-Briggs said...

Thanks Trost,

Glad you liked a couple of my tales. Is there anything of yours online I can check out? I'll make sure I pay extra attention to checking out your story when I get my contributor copy.

Cheers,
Mark

11:45 am  
Blogger Cameron Trost said...

On my blog there is a list of many of my short stories. One is on the blog itself, one on Microhorror and another coming soon on DemonMinds.

Trost

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home